It’s no secret that children really don’t have any filter when it comes to their opinions. The more they grow and develop, the more they become curious and unfortunately, opinionated.
A Mumsnet user, ‘Gwilt160981’ said that her seven year old daughter is ‘very opinionated’ and can tend to say the wrong things, especially in public?
Does this sound familiar to you? If so, you’re not alone.
In fact, hundreds of mums and dads responded on the thread by sharing their own examples of the brutal things their kids have said.
The list was endless, but here are just 10 examples:
1. “I like you a bit. But I like my other aunt more. You’re boring.”
2. “Loudly in the busy swimming pool changing room: ‘Mummy you have a hairy bum!’”
3. “I don’t like cabbage, that lady is very pretty, but she smells like cabbage.”
4. “Me dressed in a ball gown: ‘Mummy! You look like Princess Fiona when she was an ogre.’”
5. “If you didn’t eat so much rubbish you wouldn’t be so fat.”
6. “Mummy has a big tummy because it has a baby in it. Your tummy is even bigger than mummy’s Grandma, big enough for five babies.”
7. “My daughter (seven) asked if she could have my dressing gown when I’m dead as it’s so snuggly.”
8. “Ooh, I like your swimming costume mum. You have a fat tummy.”
9. “Mummy, your tummy is all old. We need to go to the tummy shop and get you a new one.”
10. “Mummy, people look less pretty when they get older.”
Can you relate? Let us know in the comments below.